Reward Your ChampionsPosted by BestPractices on April 25 2011
One of the best ways to ensure that your staff members feel like heroes is to tell them. You cannot praise them enough. Celebrate their successes visibly and meaningfully. Send them notes (handwritten whenever possible) when you receive copies of compliment letters.
5 Tips for Rewarding Employees:
1) Celebrate success publicly.
2) Praise liberally-and often.
3) Create service legends at management meetings.
4) Develop a Star of the Month/Quarter program.
5) Have lunch with your award winners
Rewarding your champion has the best return on investment of any program in our healthcare system. These programs create employee satisfaction, service excellence legends, excitement about their jobs, and better staff retention.
There are no upcoming speaking engagements.