5 Tips for Forecasting Patient FlowPosted by BestPractices on February 14 2011
For minimal delays and high throughput, your healthcare team and leaders need to predict admissions for individual units and the capacity to accept patients in those units.
1. Gather at least 30 days’ data on admissions by day of the week
2. Stratify admissions data by type and number per shift by day of the week
3. Stratify further by type of bed needed
4. Use the data to predict admissions for the next day by type and number
5. Communicate admissions in real time to the patient placement staff
There are no upcoming speaking engagements.